For Aspiring & Professional Creators
Get Creator Features
Creator accounts have a variety of additional features to help you connect with and grow your audience! Note: these features are rolling out over time on an ongoing and automated basis and are not available to all Snapchatters.These additional features include:
- A Public Story. This is a Story that can be viewed by anyone in the Snapchat community and allows you to build an audience. It is separate from your My Story which you can still use for sharing content with close friends. Snapchatters can turn on Story notifications for your Public Story and be notified each time you post.
- Audience Analytics. View Story, Lens, and Audience Insights to help you create even more compelling content that your audience loves!
- Roles. Assign as many trusted Snapchatters as you like to roles where they can help you manage your account . When you assign someone to a role, they’ll get a notification. Make sure to add the right username!
- Story Replies & Quoting. Have meaningful conversations around the Stories you post through Replies and Quoting.
What you need to be eligible for a Creator Account:
- At least 100 subscribers
- A Snapchat profile that is at least one week old
- At least one bi-directional friend (both of you have accepted each other)
Assign as many trusted Snapchatters as you like to roles where they can help you manage your Public Profile. When you assign someone to a role, they’ll get a notification. Make sure to add the right username!
To assign a role, tap the Settings gear icon in the top right corner of your Profile screen. Then go to ‘Manage Roles’ > ‘Assign New Role’ > ‘Enter Username’ > ‘Select Corresponding Role.’
Profile Admins can manage your Public Profile, add or remove any Snaps from your Public Story, manage Highlights, assign roles, and view insights.
Profile Collaborators can view your insights and add or remove any Snaps from your Public Story.
Story Contributors can add Snaps to your Public Story and remove or view insights on these Snaps, as well as view all of your past Snaps.
Insights Viewers can—you guessed it—view your insights.
Become a Snap Star
Some top Creator and public figure accounts are verified, and receive a star in the app. These are Snap Stars.
Snap Stars are culturally relevant and highly engaged. They have grown a large audience and create high-quality content.
As you continue to elevate your content, you may also be invited to become a Snap Star.
For Snap Stars:
- Assign and manage roles (there are four types of roles: Profile Admin, Profile Collaborator, Story Contributor, and Insights Viewer)
- Enable Story Replies & Quoting (subscribers will be able to send you Gifts through Story Replies)
- Add a Shopify ‘Shop’ button to your Public Profile so fans can shop your merch!
- Get robust performance and audience insights
Tips to Grow Your Audience
- Encourage non-subscribers to subscribe a few times a week
- Encourage subscribers to turn on Story notifications
- Use Story Replies & Quoting
- Share your Snaps on Spotlight
English (United States)